Recent Major Accomplishments
- Supported 6238 children in distress through CHILDLINE 1098 SERVICE in thanjavur district which includes the victims of Child Labour,Child Abuse,Child Marriages, begging children and other external support needed children such as dropouts,shelter needed children,etc from 2011.
- Supported the government officials in the rescue of 196 bonded Labours which includes 94 children . And also involved in the rehabilitation of the survivors.
- Promoted 80 youth peer educators in the Thanjavur Corporation areas for the prevention of HIV/AIDS with the support of The Mercury Pheonix Trust,UK
- The relief materials worth above Rs.12,00,000/-(twelve lakhs) was distributed to the vulnerable people affected during the COVID-19 lockdown through the support from various organizations and individuals.
- 96600 rural women were educated in digital literacy (Mobile phone, using applications) in 550 revenue villages of Thanjavur district thru Internet Saathi program supported by TATA Trust through Voice Foundation.
- 8 Lakhs tree saplings (Timber value tree varieties) have been distributed to small and marginal farmers in the villages of Thanjavur to augment their economic situation, under the Tamilnadu Biodiversity Greening Project in Thanjavur district with the support of JICA,Japan through Tamilnadu Forest Department
- 86 Unorganized women workers group was formed in the 5 districts and the district level and state level federation was promoted from the involvement of group leaders.
- Health checkups was done to more than 1 lakh people through 100 health camps with the support of Fullerton India through TNVHA,Chennai and WORD,Namakkal.The needed cases are refered to the Government hospitals for the treatments.
- 20 Natural Resources Management children Clubs were formed, with 628 children as members in 20 villages and Block Level NRM Club Children Federation. The NRM and its members are working in protecting the rights of children, education, and prevent the situation for child labor system.
- 199 Children Dropouts have been mainstreamed in regular schools thru the 20 Supportive Integrated Education Centers in 20 villages of Thiruvonam block of Thanjavur district. Children scholastic and extracurricular performances have been increased. (Supported by KFB/DKA, Austria)
- 68 preschool children are benefiting under the Crèche program in 2 villages with nutrition, health care, play way education, games, plays and recreation and group activities.
- Under anemia and amebas prevention program, so far, 475 health check camps, 325 awareness camps have been organized in the target villages and facilitated by Siddha cum Herbal practitioner. 3318 children have been screened and enabled to cure the anemia and amebas problems and better their health.
- 150 peer educators have been created and enabled to build their capacities and knowledge in Thiruvonam block, Thanjavur district to prevent HIV/AIDS with the support of MTV Staying Alive Foundation,UK
- Provided Training to more than 600 government officials of Revenue and police department on the topic of Human Trafficking and Bonded Labour System supported by International Justice Mission.
- In Vathalampatti village, a new pond(60*40 Sq.Ft) has been dug with revetments around the pond for public use in the villages, put up street solar lights, two bore wells and supported the widows with goats rearing assistance to their sustainable livelihood and supported the education of the children in the village( SHED INDIA adopted the village with LACIM, France and did 8 years social work and development works)
- Supported 248 migrant workers stuck in Thanjavur and Pudukkottai districts to reach their respective states during COVID-19 Lockdown.
- The relief materials worth above Rs.3,00,000/-(3 lakhs) was mobilized and distributed to the people affected due to the devastation occurred by Gaja Cyclone.
- Supported 44 families affected by Gaja Cyclone in Thanjavur and Pudukkottai District to reconstruct their houses damaged due to the cyclone with the support of KFB, Austria.
- SHED INDIA has a team of Kalanchiam a resource center for the NGOs, through which the NGO heads and staff members are being provided the capacity building training, media appreciation. The training provided to 53 Organizations throughout Tamilnadu.
- 2500 women workers in 5 districts in various industries including unorganized works and small industries were trained on their rights at work places, and their rights to better working conditions, minimum wages, working hours, rest, leaves etc.
- Through Kalanchiam Mannin Kalai Kuzhu ,48 Folk arts and Street theater troupe were created by SHED INDIA in Tamilnadu to NGOs and religious institutions.
- Adopted Vadakku vanjur village at Karaikal district affected by Tsunami and constructed solar lamp post,water pump and promoted education among the children in the village with the support of LACIM,France.
- Velicham Women Federation has been formed and it is having all the 65 women groups as its members, they are working continually in addressing the women rights and the rights of the vulnerable families in the area.
- 65 Women self help groups have been formed with a membership of 1110 in 40 target villages have been formed and working together .These women groups’ members have saved Rs.60, 08, 350 as their collective savings and have been enabled to save Rs.50, 00,000 as revolving fund cum loan assistance from the banks and the NABARD.
- SHED INDIA promoted Cancer Awareness Network (CAN INDIA) provides counseling, guidance, referrals, for the persons living with cancer and their family members through its cancer-counseling unit.
- 1755 women were undergone screening for cervical cancer in partnership with Tamilnadu Health System Project.
- 20 common village herbal and Kitchen gardens have been formed and being maintained by the women groups, children groups in Thiruvonam block, Thanjavur district.
- 22 women were elected as Village Administrative Councils as members and Presidents of the councils; these are grassroots level democracies in India, out of 75 women contested in the civic bodies elections through our leadership training through Velicham Women Federation.
- 275 women and girls from the target villages have been trained annually in cutting, tailoring and handworks trainings at Field office premises.
- 23 barefoot health care practitioners have emerged in tsunami hit Karaikal coastal villages.
- 9 health care committees to take up health care rights of the people in the Tsunami affected Karaikal coastal villages have been formed.
- 1500 persons in the Tsunami affected coastal villages of Karaikal district underwent health checkups, medicines and referrals.
- 40 Barefoot Siddha herbal practitioners have emerged in Thiruvonam Block of Thanjavur district
- We have promoted more than 100 volunteers (men and women) voluntary blood donors who donate quite frequently to the persons who are living with cancer, victims of disaster, accidents, and facing critical surgeries etc.
- SHED INDIA identified, 39 PLHAs in the district and provided them financial assistance to do income generation enterprises.