Aims and Objectives
- To create awareness among the downtrodden, dalits, women, youth and disabled persons & children.
- To work for the promotion of Environment, Health & Sustainable Livelihood, Climate Changes.
- To promote alternative and indigenous health care systems Siddha cum Herbal, Acupressure and Acupuncture, and Yoga.
- To work to promote children clubs to inculcate in them social awareness, media awareness, environmental awareness and build their leadership skills through non – formal education & play way methods.
- To create awareness on HIV/AIDS infection, counseling and guidance for the persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- To work for the promotion of folk arts, mobilization of folk artists and revival of the art
- To promote sustainable agriculture and alternative methods of farming and crop system
- To create awareness on Cancer, its causes, food habits and provide referral services for patients.
- To undertake relief, rehabilitation and rebuilding works during disasters and disaster preparedness and management among the vulnerable populations.
- To work for the empowerment of women in rural and urban areas
||To build up a healthy society through proper education, awareness and folk arts in all aspects and promote a peaceful world.
SHED INDIA works in delta districts of Tamil Nadu primarily in Thanjavur district and in the adjoining districts such as Tiruchirapalli, Pudukkottai, Ariyalur and Perambalur.The main focus of interventions in the districts are for the welfare and empowerment of children, women and other vulnerable communities.
Children, Adoloscents, Women, Dalits, Small and Marginal Farmers, persons living with HIV/AIDS and Cancer, Fishermen, Migration Workers.
|Year of the Registration||:||1999|
|Registered Under||:||Indian Trusts Act, 1882 at Thanjavur|
|Registration Number||:||559/99 (Date: 30.12.1999)|
|CSR Reg. Number||:||CSR00004624|